Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just call me June

A few of you may be aware, by now, that I like to pretend to be "Little Susie Homemaker".



Evidence:

  • I wear pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. EVERYDAY. (Well, not on Saturdays)
  • I LOVE to bake. I am a pretty good baker, IMHO.
  • I HATE burning supper, or whatever I'm cooking, but it happens almost all the time. Ask Hubs.
  • I adore vacuuming. That is not an exaggeration. It's something about the pattern left in the carpet.
  • I think the best scent in the WORLD is the smell of drying clothes coming out of a home. I can always sniff out laundry day.
  • I also like washing clothes. (Just not putting them away)
  • I really enjoy knitting, even if I am TERRIBLE at it. It doesn't matter, it's just so neat!
  • I have more high heels than I should, but I love shoes. I really want this pair from Meredith. She has said that she will help me create my own pair!



  • I can't stand to have any form of trash in my car. None. Take it with you when you exit, please.
  • I wear cardigans... a lot. Nearly every day.
  • I drink hot tea with honey nearly every night.
  • I love making Hubs side of the bed. It's a compulsion.
  • I don't like to leave the house without mascara. The rest of the face can be bare.
  • I am a sock collector. 
  • I have a collection of gloves, hats, scarves, sunglasses, and coats. I proper lady must be bundled well when leaving the house. I share this obsession with my friend Anita.
  • I would home-school my children, if I had any. Dogs count, right?
  • I have a host of Southern sayings. Just let me know if you need to borrow one, such as, "Sweet butternut squash!"
  • Like the rest of you, I am sure, I have a well-loved collection of Jane Austen novels.


So, I suppose the rest of me is pretty zaney. I would have this hairstyle if it were acceptable in my line of work.

2 comments: